Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Willy Reinhardt <wr...@novell.com> on 2005/06/28 10:55:01 UTC

Rép. : Re: Alignment issue

Hi,
Thanks for your answer, I need dynamic space to fill the number 1 or 1.1.1.1.1 because I would a result like:

Article 1 Title
          sub-title a
          sub-tiltle b

and

Article 1.1.1.1.1.1 Title
                    sub-title a
                    sub-tiltle b

With your proposed solution words Title sub-title would always be align at 4cm from left. Currently to solve my problem I use list and I change the value of provisional-distance-between-starts according the level of my title (1 or 1.1 or 1.1.1 ...) but this solution is static because if I change the font value aren't correct anymore.

Willy

>>> j3322ptm@yahoo.de 27/06/05 21:58 >>>
Willy Reinhardt wrote:
> I have a problem of aligmnemt and I don't find how to solve it with FOP. I have something like:
>
> Article 1            Title
>                      sub-title a
>                      sub-tiltle b
>
> or
>
> Article 1.1.1.1.1.1 Title
>                     sub-title a
>                     sub-tiltle b
>

> Title and subtitles should be align. My problem I can't have a dynamic space between number and Title according text length use by 1 or 1.1.1.1.
> I tried:
> - List with attribut provisional-distance-between-starts but the space is fixed so the render isn't very nice
> - Table is the same problem because table-layout accept only fixed

Both a list or a table should do the trick. E.g
  <fo:table table-layout="fixed">
    <fo:table-column column-width="4cm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="4cm"/>
    <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:block>Article 1</fo:block>
        <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:block>Title</fo:block>
          <fo:block>sub-title a</fo:block>
          <fo:block>sub-title b</fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>
  </fo:table>
I'm not sure why you think you need "a dynamic space between number and
Title". Somehow your problem description is inconsistent, could you
explain again?

J.Pietschmann

Re: Rép. : Re: Alignment issue

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Willy Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your answer, I need dynamic space to fill the number 1 or 1.1.1.1.1 because I would a result like:
>
> Article 1 Title
>           sub-title a
>           sub-tiltle b
>
> and
>
> Article 1.1.1.1.1.1 Title
>                     sub-title a
>                     sub-tiltle b

One possiblity to get this with pure XSLFO would be to put the
title and subtitles in an appropriately aligned inline-container,
which is unfortunately not implemented in FOP 0.20.5.

You can try to put the title and subtitles in an SVG, which should
be properly aligned. With some luck you'll overcome possible font
and line height problems.

J.Pietschmann