Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 10:59:50 UTC

SDO 1.1 RC3

There is an RC3 for the SDO 1.1 release available at
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/sdo/1.1-rc3/.

This RC addresses the issues raised against the RC2 release, I'll start
votes on this shortly but in the meantime any reviews to sanity check the
artifacts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sebb, any chance you could take a look to see if this resolves the things
you brought up on the RC2 release?

   ...ant

Re: SDO 1.1 RC3

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27/03/2008, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >  Then, install it using the command:
> >      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.mortbay.jetty
> > -DartifactId=jetty-util -Dversion=2.4.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path/to/f
> > ile
> >
> >  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> there:
> >      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.mortbay.jetty
> > -DartifactId=jetty-util -Dversion=2.4.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path/to/fil
> > e -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >
> >  Path to dependency:
> >        1)
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-6
> >        2) org.mortbay.jetty:jetty:jar:6.1.5
> >        3) org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-util:jar:2.4.1
> >
> > 2) org.mortbay.jetty:servlet-api-2.5:jar:2.4.1
> >
> >  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >
> >  Then, install it using the command:
> >      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.mortbay.jetty
> > -DartifactId=servlet-api-2.5 -Dversion=2.4.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path
> > /to/file
> >
> >  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> there:
> >      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.mortbay.jetty
> > -DartifactId=servlet-api-2.5 -Dversion=2.4.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path/t
> > o/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >
> >  Path to dependency:
> >        1)
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-6
> >        2) org.mortbay.jetty:jetty:jar:6.1.5
> >        3) org.mortbay.jetty:servlet-api-2.5:jar:2.4.1
> >
> > ----------
> > 2 required artifacts are missing.
> >
> > for artifact:
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-6
> >
> > from the specified remote repositories:
> >  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
> >  apache.incubator
> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),
> >  apache.snapshots
> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
> >  codehaus-snapshot
> (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
> >  indiana
> (http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/eclipse/modeling/emf/emf/maven2/)
> >

> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Total time: 28 seconds
> > [INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 27 13:53:57 GMT 2008
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 14M/25M
> > [INFO]
> >
> > ========================
> >

> > This is a blocker.
> >

> I've tried deleting these jetty resources from my local repository and this
> works ok for me and successfully downloads them and the build completes ok,
> with both Java 1.4 and 1.5, could the errors you've seen be one of those
> transient maven network type problems? Could you try again? Could anyone
> else confirm if it works or not for them?

They are not transient problems; I've tried the 1.4 build 4 times.

What's odd is that Java 1.4 fails and Java 1.5 builds OK.

This suggests some kind of discrepancy in the build definition.

Re: SDO 1.1 RC3

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: SDO 1.1 RC3

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
To summarize i think you're saying that the blocking issues are (assuming
the jetty problems were a transient maven thing):

- the LICENSE file, (eg
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.1/sdo-api/src/main/resources/META-INF/LICENSE)
has the a comment at the start sayiny "Each file in this JAR is covered by
one of the two liceses listed below."

- the NOTICE file includes the comment about section 4d of the AL, eg
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.1/sdo-api/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE

Neither of these seem like blockers to me, i'll respin if others disagree
but IMHO its safe to leave these to be fixed in the next release, the NOTICE
comment is endemic in many other Apache releases and has only just come to
light on other mailing lists, i don't think a one release grace period will
hurt. What do others think?

   ...ant

Re: SDO 1.1 RC3

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.