Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fe...@lozano.eti.br on 2009/11/04 00:47:52 UTC

Two JSF portlets on the same portal page

Hi

Ooops, I'm sorry, I sent the message in portuguese. Here's again in english

I'm trying to run two portlets using JSF and the MyFaces Portlet Bridge (which is the RI for
JSR-301, the JSF Portlet Bridge) using eXo PC 2.0.5 under JBoss AS 4.2.3

Both portlets works fine under eXo PC and WCM, but when they are together on the same portal page
the result is:

19:31:39,704 ERROR [portletcontainer] exception returned by processAction() or render() methods
javax.portlet.PortletException: doBridgeDispatch failed:  error from Bridge in executing the request
    at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doBridgeDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:504)
    at
javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doRenderDispatchInternal(GenericFacesPortlet.java:456)
    at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doView(GenericFacesPortlet.java:231)
    at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:354)
    at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:202)
    at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:259)
    at
org.exoplatform.services.portletcontainer.plugins.pc.aop.PortletMethodCommand.render(PortletMethodCommand.java:62)
    at
org.exoplatform.services.portletcontainer.plugins.pc.aop.BaseCommandUnit.execute(BaseCommandUnit.java:46)
Caused by: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RenderKitFactoryImpl
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRender(BridgeImpl.java:654)
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRequest(BridgeImpl.java:544)
    at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doBridgeDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:501)
    ... 63 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RenderKitFactoryImpl
    at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.getResponseStateManager(RendererUtils.java:1158)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.DefaultRestoreViewSupport.isPostback(DefaultRestoreViewSupport.java:127)
    at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:80)
    at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:103)
    at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:76)
    at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRender(BridgeImpl.java:640)
    ... 65 more

This exception allways happen with the second portlet on the page, whichever it is. I tried with
many portlets, but so you can reproduce the problem I'm attaching the wars for two very simple
portlets.

Using MyFaces 1.2.7 and MyFaces Portlet Bridge 1.0.0 Beta 2.

[]s, Fernando Lozano