Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/09 15:43:14 UTC

[HEADS UP] - CI full test with pooled exchanges enabled

Hi

We are working on Camel 3.9 optimizations and one new feature it the
ability to enable pooling of exchanges and internal objects by the
routing engine.

This reduces the object allocations created by core Camel and reduces
the GC cycles.

However as its a change in behaviour and we have done testing locally
only, then I want to turn it on by default for a few days to let
Apache CI jobs do full builds as well, so we can see if they report
any new errors.

There are some more work coming in this area, and also a blog post
with details and some charts with before vs after.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [HEADS UP] - CI full test with pooled exchanges enabled

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Okay so the experiment is complete. The CI server tests looks great
and the pooled vs prototype is very promising.
I have reverted back so Camel out of the box uses prototype scope
which is what it has always been.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Okay so the CI server tests looks good. The last couple of tests are
not affected by pooling enabled.
Today I pushed another core improvements, so I would like to give the
CI servers over the weekend to do full coverage testing.
And then lets see start of next week where we can turn this off again
and leave it as before.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.