Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dominik Drzewiecki <dr...@post.pl> on 2005/03/09 09:43:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm JDBCRealm.java

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Thanks for reading the code, we need to catch regressions and problems
> more efficiently (we managed to caused major regressions in BOTH
> database realms in 5.5.7, which is completely unacceptable).

As I was involved in some major changes to DataSourceRealm, I have to ask
what do you mean by "major regressions in BOTH database realms" ?
I haven't noticed any complaints about DataSourceRealm. Please let me know
if there were any.

/dd

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm JDBCRealm.java

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Dominik Drzewiecki wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>>Thanks for reading the code, we need to catch regressions and problems
>>more efficiently (we managed to caused major regressions in BOTH
>>database realms in 5.5.7, which is completely unacceptable).
>
> As I was involved in some major changes to DataSourceRealm, I have to ask
> what do you mean by "major regressions in BOTH database realms" ?
> I haven't noticed any complaints about DataSourceRealm. Please let me know
> if there were any.

The problem about DataSsource realm was the bug you fixed (bug 33357).
As I said, both realms have regressions in the 5.5.7 release.

Rémy