Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rich Shepard <rs...@appl-ecosys.com> on 2004/09/10 04:47:39 UTC

Incoming mail writes on console

   Setup:
 	Slackware-10.0, 2.4.26 kernel
 	Postfix-2.1.4
 	procmail
 	SpamAssassin-2.64
 	SA invoked from within procmail
 	MUA: pine-4.60

   This is an unplanned upgrade from my former Red Hat
7.3/postfix-2.0.19/SpamAssassin-something when the hard drives failed after
the power supply failed on the running manchine.

   Anyway, I believe that I have everything properly configured, but incoming
mail to my inbox causes the system's speaker to beep and the text overwrites
the console with parts of the incoming message. It's quite messy. Even when
I'm in X Window, the messages show up on the underlying console and I see
them when I kill X to log out.

   At first I and the folks I consulted on this thought it might be a syslog
error, but it's not the /var/log/maillog messages that show up on the
console, but the message itself (partially, not fully).

   I don't know that this is specifically related to SpamAssassin, but I
suspect that it might be. I've searched the Web with google but haven't
found anything useful. All help greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)

Re: Incoming mail writes on console

Posted by "Carlos A. Carnero Delgado" <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hate to reply to myself, but...

> try checking the syslong configuration file and its manpage. It's all there.

oops... s/syslong/syslog/

Regards,
Carlos.

Re: Incoming mail writes on console