Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/09/10 06:30:51 UTC

ear assembly

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how best to assemble an ear file from multiple
components also built using maven.  These are the two approaches I've
come up with.

1) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars.
Copy these files to the ear assembly directory and then use the ear plugin.

2) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars etc.
Install these components into the local repo using the multi-project
plugin.  Declare all of the dependencies for the ear within the ear
project.xml,  build the ear using the ear plugin.

Is either of these 'better' than the other or is there some other process?

Thanks
Nathan

Re: ear assembly

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Nathan Coast wrote:

> 1) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars.
> Copy these files to the ear assembly directory and then use the ear plugin.
>
> 2) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars etc.
> Install these components into the local repo using the multi-project
> plugin.  Declare all of the dependencies for the ear within the ear
> project.xml,  build the ear using the ear plugin.

AFAICT 2) is the official recommended practice.

R.