Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2005/10/17 05:15:17 UTC

Publishing the new website

One more (last) time...

http://svn.apache.org/builds/struts/maven/trunk/site-test/

(I only uploaded the 1.2.7 docs, so the other links to old docs won't work.)

I'm ready to publish it.  Briefly, I plan to create struts-doc-1.2.x under
/www/struts.apache.org/ and move the current site content down to that
level.  (A few things stay, such as dtds and mail.)  Then upload/unzip the
new site content, plus the struts-documentation.war for each prior version
listed on the menu.

I'm planning to do this on Wednesday night unless there is an objection.
(Or news that the nightly build script is ready to go. :) )

--
Wendy

Re: Publishing the new website

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
That seems fine to me, Wendy. I think it will be helpful to have it out there.

-Ted.

On 10/16/05, Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> wrote:
> One more (last) time...
>
> http://svn.apache.org/builds/struts/maven/trunk/site-test/
>
> (I only uploaded the 1.2.7 docs, so the other links to old docs won't work.)
>
> I'm ready to publish it.  Briefly, I plan to create struts-doc-1.2.x under
> /www/struts.apache.org/ and move the current site content down to that
> level.  (A few things stay, such as dtds and mail.)  Then upload/unzip the
> new site content, plus the struts-documentation.war for each prior version
> listed on the menu.
>
> I'm planning to do this on Wednesday night unless there is an objection.
> (Or news that the nightly build script is ready to go. :) )
>
> --
> Wendy

HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/

Re: Publishing the new website

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
Can we add the ApacheCon logo first, per the request from Lars?

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/20/05, James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com> wrote:

> I believe the permissions issue can be resolved with a simple setting
> in everyone's .bashrc file. Here's mine...
>
> > cat .bashrc
> umask 002 <----- this should do the trick

This should no longer be necessary, at least on minotaur, since the default
umask was changed recently by one of the infra folks who was frustrated at
having to correct file perms all the time. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

alias ll="ls -l"

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> Laurie, it would be great if you could update your sidebar to use the new
> URLs.  Also I don't think Struts EL was done when you created it:
> http://struts.apache.org/struts-el/tlddoc/index.html

Done. I haven't added the EL tagref yet, though; I'm in two minds about
including it by default, I think I'd rather make it an option, on the
assumption that there's little point including the regular tagref, the
EL tagref *and* the JSTL tagref... I'll add a config panel at some point
so you can select which version you want docs for, and which docs to
include.

L.

Re: Publishing the new website

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Martin Cooper" <ma...@apache.org>

> Can we add the ApacheCon logo first, per the request from Lars?

Done in r326399.

I'm working on the site now...

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.
Sorry, I haven't had time to finish this.  Go ahead and publish what
you've got.  I've got a few more things on my plate before I can get
back to this.

Thanks.