Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2000/01/28 23:49:42 UTC

[ANN] Xalan 0.19.3D01 developer's distribution now available at xml.apache.org/dist

We've posted an updated Xalan 0.19.3D01  which works with Xerces-J 1.0.1 in
the normal distribution area.  See:
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_3D01.jar
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_3D01.jar.sig

This release is a 'weekly developer's release' (a term I just made up at
the end of the day, so don't read too much into it).  We have done minimal
testing; it seems to have some good bugfixes from the previous release, but
caveat emptor.

Build notes:
-- See README in the root.  STATUS, DONE, and BUGS have not been updated
since 0.19.2, sorry.

-- Docs may not build from this distribution; how they get built is being
updated.  A 'hand built' set of docs is provided for your reading however.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8; all using
Makefile.

-- Sources are tagged 'xalan_0_19_3D01'.  Note that these are not
necessarily today's (28-Jan-00) sources, they are the tagged ones; most are
from the 24th.

-- For the curious about the meaning of the numbers in 0.19.3D01, see:
    org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorVersion

-- Xerces compatibility: this distribution works with the Xerces-J 1.0.1
distribution.  We have not tested it against the daily Xerces CVS
repository.

- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan