Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/15 05:15:21 UTC

Helper for folks interested in verifying the 0.3.0 release

The following guidance should help anyone interested in
validating/verifying the release so they can provide their vote.

# Download latest KEYS file so i get all the public keys.
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS

# Import keys file:
gpg --import KEYS

# Clear out my local maven artifact repository

# Pull down nifi-0.3.0 items for review:
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1060/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.3.0/nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1060/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.3.0/nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip.asc
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1060/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.3.0/nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip.md5
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1060/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.3.0/nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip.sha1

# Verify the signature
gpg --verify nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip.asc
nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip

# Verify the hashes (md5 and sha1) match the source and what was
provided in the vote email thread
md5sum nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip
sha1sum nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip

# Unzip nifi-0.3.0-source-release.zip

# Verify the build works.  Did this by running the following which
includes the RAT/license/header checks and checkstyle consistency
checks
mvn clean install -Pcontrib-check

# Verify the contents contain a good readme LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER

# Verify the git commit ID is correct

# Look at the resulting convenience binary as found in
nifi-assembly/target/nifi-0.3.0-bin/nifi-0.3.0/

# Make sure the README, LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER are present and correct

# Run the resulting convenience binary.  Make sure it works as expected.
Dataflows can be setup, etc..

# Send a response to the vote thread indicating a +1, 0, -1 based on
your findings.  Also indicate whether the vote is binding or not.

Re: Helper for folks interested in verifying the 0.3.0 release

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
In the 3rd to last step, the DISCLAIMER file will not be present. That was
a requirement for incubating projects which we were when we made the
release that I copied these notes from. :)

Matt