Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com> on 2006/06/27 17:01:50 UTC

Netbeans vs Eclipse

I've noticed in many of the tutorials Si and/or David use Eclipse instead of
Netbeans. Since we are just getting started, is there a reason to use one over
the other? I only ask because I downloaded a recent j2sdk1.5 and it came with
netbeans, as well as tomcat, etc...

Is it a Ford vs. Chevy issue, or rather Audi vs. Yugo?

Thanks

--
Walter

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
Walter,

I think this is really down to personal preference, there are people
being very productive in both IDE.

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
There is also a plugin for Netbeans, harder to install but not so much.

See http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/profiles/index.html

Jacques

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com>.
12. We are trying to get SVN working with NetBeans 5.5 - lots of
issues...doesn't work very well at all.

RE: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted by Vinay Agarwal <Vi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com>.
re: screen display
Eclipse on a MAC beats NetBeans on a SunRay any day...But then you
probably aren't even considering a SunRay...

RE: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse