Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Cristiano Ghersi <cr...@abodata.com> on 2012/10/08 12:07:24 UTC

Cayenne OSGi

Good morning,

My company (Abodata, www.abodata.com) has ported Cayenne into OSGi
environment, and we would like to contribute to Cayenne project with this
enhancement.

So, I'd like to know which is the process of certification and submission
of software into Cayenne repository.

Thank you very much.

Best
cghersi

Re: Cayenne OSGi

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Great news ! :)

The software grant process that we'll need to follow is outlined here: http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

We'll guide you through all the formalities. In short:

1. Abodata may post the code to be submitted to Cayenne in some publicly accessible form (a GitHub repo, an archive on your own web server, etc.)
2. Cayenne developers will review the contribution and vote on accepting it.
3. Cayenne PMC and Abodata prepare Software Grant and Corporate CLA forms
4. Someone from Cayenne submits the Grant to Incubator PMC for the formal consideration.

As the next step I suggest that you package and expose the code to be submitted in one way or the other, and we restart this discussion on Cayenne dev list instead of the user list. Feel free to ask other related questions on dev as well.

Thanks,
Andrus