Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/17 23:19:18 UTC

JDO web site

Hi Aishamal,

We (the JDO project) have been working to migrate the JDO web site to a maintainable status. Tilmann Zäschke has done most of the work involved in the migration and it's mostly done.

We have just a few issues that I hope you might be able to help us with.

The site source is in github/gitbox at https://github.com/apache/db-jdo-site and the site under construction is https://apache.github.io/db-jdo-site/

The current site is here: https://db.apache.org/jdo/

One thing that I'd like to see is to move the TOC from the right hand side of the page to the left. It's probably in one of the css files but hopefully it's just one change and not changing every page in the site.

The downloads page isn't working quite right. The old one https://db.apache.org/jdo/downloads.html works fine but the new one https://apache.github.io/db-jdo-site/release-3.1.html is close but as a static html page it doesn't allow for changing the mirror site. Is there a way to tell asciidoctor  to generate a cgi, or do we just have to write the cgi by hand?

Once we have fixed these issues, we'll need to have a process for making changes and publishing the changes. We're not quite sure how to do that either.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: JDO web site

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com.INVALID>.
Hello all,
my apologies, but I know very little about this. I don't have much
experience with websites, nor cgi.
Best
-P.

Re: JDO web site