Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sourav Chandra <so...@livestream.com> on 2014/03/24 08:20:39 UTC

spark executor/driver log files management

Hi,

I have few questions regarding log file management in spark:

1. Currently I did not find any way to modify the lof file name for
executor/drivers). Its hardcoded as stdout and stderr. Also there is no log
rotation.

In case of streaming application this will grow forever and become
unmanageable. Is there any way to overcome this?

Sourav Chandra

Senior Software Engineer

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

sourav.chandra@livestream.com

o: +91 80 4121 8723

m: +91 988 699 3746

skype: sourav.chandra

Livestream

"Ajmera Summit", First Floor, #3/D, 68 Ward, 3rd Cross, 7th C Main, 3rd
Block, Koramangala Industrial Area,

Bangalore 560034

www.livestream.com

Re: spark executor/driver log files management

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
The logs from the executor are redirected to stdout only because there is a
default log4j.properties that is configured to do so. If you put your
log4j.properties with rolling file appender in the classpath (refer to
Spark docs for that), all the logs will get redirected to a separate files
that will get rolled over. So even though there will be a stdout, nothing
much would get printed in that. Though the side effect of this modification
is that you wont be able to see the logs from the Spark web UI as that only
shows stdout.

Posted by Sourav Chandra <so...@livestream.com>.
Hi TD,

--