Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/10/24 23:16:46 UTC

[HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Dear Cocoon users and developers,

We plan to release Cocoon version 2.1.8 at the end of this week, and we
need the whole Cocoon community to help us ensuring it is rock-solid as
we expect it to be.

Please download the latest Cocoon:
- checkout the SVN repository (preferred method):
  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/

- alternately, you can grab the latest snapshot of the repository:
  http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/cocoon-BRANCH_2_1_X/

Then build it, test it, shake it! Go through the various samples, and if
possible test some of your existing applications with the new version.

If you don't have enough time to do the above, you can also go through
the samples of the live demo at
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/

Please report any issue or showstopper to dev@cocoon.apache.org

Thanks for your help!

Sylvain

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>> Can't see the stacktraces... It works on mine! :-P
>> (And I can't disable AWT, as I'm on OS/X)
>>

> Well, looking at [1], bcel is using java.awt.Color to do graph
> coloring.
>
> Though I don't understand much about graph coloring in general, I feel
> that they could've done with some integer constants representing
> colors
> rather than using the actual Color class.

Don't get me started on what could have been done differently
...well, *better* in BCEL :-P

> I've installed X on my server and started in headless mode, the
> javaflow
> samples work now.

Thanks for the testing

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Can't see the stacktraces... It works on mine! :-P
> (And I can't disable AWT, as I'm on OS/X)

Well, looking at [1], bcel is using java.awt.Color to do graph coloring.

Though I don't understand much about graph coloring in general, I feel
that they could've done with some integer constants representing colors
rather than using the actual Color class.

I've installed X on my server and started in headless mode, the javaflow
samples work now.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/bcel/trunk/src/java/org/apache/bcel/verifier/structurals/Subroutines.java?rev=292117&view=markup

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 25 Oct 2005, at 16:51, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> Well, no :-) Do you have the full exception stacktrace from the logs?
>> I'd like to see who tries to initialize the AWT...
>
> first click : http://domek.be/one.txt
>
> back, refresh page, second click : http://domek.be/two.txt
>
> looks like bcel is doing something dodgy

Can't see the stacktraces... It works on mine! :-P
(And I can't disable AWT, as I'm on OS/X)

     Pier

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Well, no :-) Do you have the full exception stacktrace from the logs?
> I'd like to see who tries to initialize the AWT...
>
>     Pier

first click : http://domek.be/one.txt

back, refresh page, second click : http://domek.be/two.txt

looks like bcel is doing something dodgy

Jorg

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> The javaflow forms binding example is broken due to a cforms change.
> I assume it's an easy fix.

The first time i click on any of the javaflow samples I get

15:13:40.556 WARN!! Error for /samples/blocks/javaflow/calculator.do
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.2_09/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open

After clicking again I get

15:10:12.052 WARN!! Error for /samples/blocks/javaflow/editForm2.do
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at
org.apache.bcel.verifier.structurals.Subroutines.<init>(Subroutines.java:442)
        at
org.apache.bcel.verifier.structurals.ControlFlowGraph.<init>(ControlFlowGraph.java:440)

with a fresh checkout.

Jorg

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 26 Oct 2005, at 10:31, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> useradd pier done, including auto_home setup as per
> http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

done vadim as well - as he asked for this many moons ago

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 25 oct. 05, à 12:14, Pier Fumagalli a écrit :

> On 25 Oct 2005, at 10:08, Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>
>> - CAPTCHA validation sample is does not make sense. There is no
>> string shown on the right.
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/
>> captcha/
>
> Uh... That's a 500:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal Server Error

Fixed by running the zone demos with -Djava.awt.headless=true as
suggested, thanks!

> Can someone add me to the users in the zone, so that I can check
> what's wrong with it?

useradd pier done, including auto_home setup as per
http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

-Bertrand

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 25 Oct 2005, at 10:08, Jeroen Reijn wrote:

> - CAPTCHA validation sample is does not make sense. There is no
> string shown on the right.
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/
> captcha/

Uh... That's a 500:

HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal Server Error

RequestURI=/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/captcha/
captcha-652a63096863.jpg

I would suspect that either the X libraries are not installed on our
cocoon zone, or the JVM was not started with -Djava.awt.headless=true...

Can someone add me to the users in the zone, so that I can check
what's wrong with it?

Thanks!

     Pier

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Jeroen Reijn wrote:

> - The Imagemap sample in the forms block does not make sense (it says
> click on the cocoon logo (there is none).
> See
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/imagemap

I take it this has something to do with how the zone is set up. It works
fine for me here.

Jorg

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi,

Just clicked around in the Cforms block:

- CAPTCHA validation sample is does not make sense. There is no string shown on
the right.
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/captcha/

- The Imagemap sample in the forms block does not make sense (it says click on
the cocoon logo (there is none).
See http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/imagemap

- Namespacebinding breaks on submit:
See
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-06namespaced-XML.flow

- Easy SQL database access sample is broken.
Breaks with error: Connection is broken: Transfer corrupted

- The locales flowscript examples do not work (for me).
   They are still in english (using FireFox and WinXP)

- Profiling information - form1 - JXTemplate
   This generates XML. I guess it should be HTML?

Hope this helps.

Jeroen

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 25 oct. 05, à 01:29, Torsten Curdt a écrit :

> ...The javaflow OJB example gives a PersistenceBrokerException "Used
> ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection"...

These database issues were fixed yesterday by Sylvain (thanks!), the
demos were all trying to run hsqldb on the same port.

> Same problem for the databases block. I assume hsqldb is not working
> on the zones installation.

should be fixed as well.

> The proxy block "Examples" fails
>
> The JSF block "Documentation for this demo" gives a
> ResourceNotFoundException:
> "No pipeline matched request: samples/blocks/faces/cardemo/javadocs"
> <map:mount> - context://samples/blocks/faces/sitemap.xmap - 107:68
> I assume the version on zones is built without javadocs?
>
> None of the examples from the Ajax block were working for me.
>
> Seems like the XSLTAL examples always returns XML instead of HTML

fixed, serializer type was wrong, I'm updating the zone right now

> Could not create an index on the querybean example
>
> Hope these problems are only zones related *sigh*..

I haven't tested except where indicated.

-Bertrand

Re: [HEADS-UP] Testers wanted for the upcoming Cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.