Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fotis Jannidis <Fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/04/27 11:04:07 UTC

Cocoon dtd

> Have you guys thought about using the DTD that the Cocoon project uses
> for "todo" and "changes"? just FYI.

Some weeks ago we discussed moving from the xml-site dtd to your dtd. We said this
move would make sense, if all xml.apache.org projects would do it, but there was some
dissens on this. The last weeks I hadn't any chance to follow any further discussions,
but I am back now. What was or is the result? Could all projects agree on one dtd?

Fotis

Re: Cocoon dtd

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Fotis Jannidis wrote:

> > Have you guys thought about using the DTD that the Cocoon project uses
> > for "todo" and "changes"? just FYI.
>
> Some weeks ago we discussed moving from the xml-site dtd to your dtd. We said this
> move would make sense, if all xml.apache.org projects would do it, but there was some
> dissens on this. The last weeks I hadn't any chance to follow any further discussions,
> but I am back now. What was or is the result?

No result.

> Could all projects agree on one dtd?

I wouldn't think so.

Just pick the one you like the most. In this case, Cocoon already has
all the setup that allows you to create distributions, documentation and
web site... to me, it makes sense to reuse all that architecture, even
if this means to translate to another (very equivalent, BTW) DTD.

It's up to you guys at this point. Each project should decide what to do
since the PMC won't force anything since we cannot reach consensus on
this at this point.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.