Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2013/11/01 13:46:44 UTC

RE: Medic / fruitstrap /xcode 5

Hi David,

Do we really need 'ios-deploy' module since 'cordova-cli' should support installing and listing connected devices, isn't it? I think it is better to use cordova-cli for such tasks since we also test this functionality as part of the tests preparation process.

Due to 'ios-deploy' reference I can't install Medic on Windows platform; as a quick temporary solution we can move 'ios-deploy' dependency to devDependency so I can run 'npm install --production' and it will be skipped, but the better option seems to be adding additional install_dependency.js script like suggested at [1].

David, what do you think the best option to have Medic run on both Mac and Windows platform?

[1]http://stackoverflow.com/a/15670089/255654

Thx!
Sergey
Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
I see, thank you for clarification David.
In this case I'll create corresponding Jira ticket and implement platform specific script to install this dependency.

Thx!
Sergey
Posted by David Kemp <dr...@google.com>.