Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stephane Negri <sn...@realviz.com> on 2005/03/29 15:31:13 UTC

Xerces Unicode

Hello All,

I m modyfing an application which already uses xerces to parse XML
files, but now I would like to be able to handle unicode files since I m
porting the application to japanese.

So, I think I ve managed to change everything correclty, my output file
is correctly written in UNICODE. When I try to read it, the parser
(SAXParser) can not parse it (but there is no error). If I change the
output file encoding to UTF-8, I can, then, read it. It seems that the
parser cannot parse UNICODE saved file, which is strange.

I change the encoding using Textpad only, no change in the code.

Maybe one simple solution is to save the output file with UTF-8 encoding
instead of UNICODE...

Any idea on that ?

Maybe it s not a xerces problem thought, but if you have any idea ...
I m using a wostream to save data ...

Thanks a lot,

Stephane