Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org> on 2004/03/30 11:27:42 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow

Am Di, den 30.03.2004 schrieb Marc Portier um 10:32:
> my argumentation is primarily short-term/pragmatic:
>
> starting at two observations:
> 1/ this is cool stuff and as far as I can see the reactions just about
> everyone here is salivating and wants to interact with that code

Yes, seems so. And I'm glad about it.

> 2/ the block-unit is the only thing our current infrastructure is
> offering to efficiently and atomically snap in and out certain functionality
>
> Taking this pragmatic view I can't see but a lot of similarity between
> this block and a lot of others...

I have the same view, the current block intrastructure is the only way
to make the build modular. Move all things, which are unstable, in one
scratchpad-block doesn't help anyone.

I can see Carsten's POV, and understand the fear that we get too much
block during the time. But I think it's more the time to talk about
to cut the CVS repository into cocoon-blocks and cocoon-core, which
means a really small and slim core with the components, which are
nessecary for a bootstrap system.

Perhaps this time with svn ;-)

Stephan.

Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvscommit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Stephan Michels dijo:
> But I think it's more the time to talk about
> to cut the CVS repository into cocoon-blocks and cocoon-core, which
> means a really small and slim core with the components, which are
> nessecary for a bootstrap system.

+1 too. That always was been told and never done.

> Perhaps this time with svn ;-)

Here is my +1. - I hope this last one will avoid more ranting ;-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo