Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Kumar K J V S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/24 23:29:20 UTC

maven build failing in hadoop yarn common

Hi,

I am trying to build the latest trunk code on Windows 7, with Maven and
Cygwin configured. While building I am getting the below error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:make-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1:autoreconf (autoreconf) on
project hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager: Failed to execu
te autoreconf. Reason: Error while executing process. Cannot run program
"/bin/sh" (in directory
"F:\Development\Apache\Hadoop\hadoop-mapreduce-project\hadoop-y
arn\hadoop-yarn-server\hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager\src\main\c\container-executor"):
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help
 1]

Also in other folders/projects I see the following error but this is not
failing(stop) the build process

main:
     [exec] cygwin warning:
     [exec]   MS-DOS style path detected:
F:\Development\Apache\Hadoop\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common/dev-support/saveVersion.sh
     [exec]   Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
/cygdrive/f/Development/Apache/Hadoop/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/dev-support/saveVersion.sh
     [exec]   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns
off this warning.
     [exec]   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     [exec]     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
     [exec]
F:\Development\Apache\Hadoop\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common/dev-support/saveVersion.sh:
line 35: svn: command not found
     [exec]
F:\Development\Apache\Hadoop\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common/dev-support/saveVersion.sh:
line 36: svn: command not found
     [exec] File not found - *.java

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Praveen Kumar

Re: maven build failing in hadoop yarn common

Posted by Praveen Kumar K J V S <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Actually I am getting below error,

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec
(generate-version) on project hadoop-yarn-common: Command execution failed.
Cannot r
un program "scripts\saveVersion.sh" (in directory
"F:\Development\Apache\Hadoop\hadoop-mapreduce-project\hadoop-yarn\hadoop-yarn-common"):
CreateProcess error=2
, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help 1]

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Praveen Kumar