Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2013/07/18 09:38:29 UTC

[NOTICE] Huge commit coming on trunk

Hi all,
I had a couple of days to play with the trunk and I have took the chance
to upgrade some legacy dependencies:

  1. commons-lang 2.6 -> commons-lang3 3.1
  2. jackson 1.9.12 -> 2.2.2 (for this I had to upgrade CXF to
2.7.6-SNAPSHOT as well, but 2.7.6 should be on its way, so no problems)

Unfortunately Activiti 5.13 is still pulling in the legacy versions of
these dependencies, but I am trying to manage this with Activiti team
[1] (if you have an account there, please log in an vote, it will help
grabbing their attention).

Besides this, I have also started some experiments with JSON and CXF
that lead to some interaction with Sergey on the CXF user list [2].

As you can imagine, I have changed a lot of files; however all tests
(including -Pjaxrs) are still working fine.

I was wondering if someone else has some pending changes that would be
affected by my commit, hence this mail.
If there are no objections in the meanwhile, I will commit my changes in
the afternoon.

Regards.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT-1747
[2]
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Cannot-deserialize-JSON-via-JacksonJaxbJsonProvider-that-works-via-Jackson-s-ObjectMapperm-anyway-td5731029.html

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

RE: [NOTICE] Huge commit coming on trunk

Posted by Jan Bernhardt <jb...@talend.com>.
+1, no objections.

Best regards.
Jan

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Done [3].

At the moment:

  1. all Spring MVC tests pass
  2. all CXF tests pass with application/xml
  3. CXF tests with application/json: Tests run: 222, Failures: 0,
Errors: 53, Skipped: 1

I am confident that most - while not all - JSON failures will be solved
by Sergey's fix on CXF [2], when available.

Regards.

[3] http://svn.apache.org/r1504477