Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Maroto <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 15:32:41 UTC

Using DateMath in Facet Label

Hi,

We have a requirement to facet on a field with a date value so that the
following buckets are shown:

a)      Last Week

b)      Last Month

c)       Last Year

d)      2012

e)      2011 or earlier

Of course, as 2013 rolls in, then the labels for the last two buckets
should change to “2013” and “2012 or earlier”.  Is there any way to have
Solr return the correct year based on the current date?  For example, I
thought of trying to do something like this for d) above:

…&facet.query={!key=[NOW-1YEAR/YEAR]}date_entered:[NOW-1YEAR/YEAR TO
NOW/YEAR]...

Thanks,
Carlos

Re: Using DateMath in Facet Label

Posted by Gora Sudindranath <go...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Tips-for-staggered-date-facets-i-e-last-24-hours-last-week-last-month-last-year-ala-google-news-td2066222.html

Posted by Charlie Maroto <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

c) would cover the last year to the current date, therefore, as I write
this it would be the period between Apr11, 2011 and Apr 10, 2012.
Therefore, the period begin and end dates would increase by one
day tomorrow.  d) represents the current calendar year, thus covering Jan
1, 2012 - Apr 10, 2012 (at the moment of writing this reply).

Thanks for your suggestion, that was pretty much what we did around the
time of sending the email but we were hoping to find a way to make it more
dynamic out of Solr.

Carlos