Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Richard Cook <rp...@msn.com> on 2004/02/06 17:17:11 UTC

absolute expressions

Given this source doc:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
   <el1>el1Text</el1>
   <el2>el2Text</el2>
</root>

from context el2, xsl:value-of select="/root/el1" is empty, but xsl:value-of
select="//root/el1" gives el1Text (as I'd expect, but I'm no expert).

Also xsl:variable name="fred" select="/root/el1" followed by xsl:value-of
select="$fred" gives el1text.

Seems to affect xsl:when test="/root/el1" too.

Apologies if this is my misunderstanding or is well known (new to this).

I'm running with Trace.java from samples, xalan 2.5.2 downloaded today.

Richard

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger