Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by seyoum tesfay <sy...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 16:11:25 UTC

Spam Configuration for James 3.0

I want to configure spam filter for James server 3.0. Two mailets are
provided to be used as spam filter for the server: SpamAssassin mailet and
Bayesian Analysis mailet. Before starting configuring either of these, I am
looking to get info to which  technique works best with james. Is is it
also possible to use both mailets at the same time for the same server?

regards,

**

Re: Spam Configuration for James 3.0

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Start with the SpamAssassin because it does not require any intervention
from the enduser and is working for sure (though you need to install the
spamassassin daemon on your machine).

Bayesian mailet probably needs some fixes for james3 and overall needs
to be trained by the user sending back the spam mails to a predefined
email adress (hosted on James).

Thx, Eric