Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nagarjuna <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/26 13:45:04 UTC

where should i keep the class files to perform scheduling?

hi everybody.......
       i dont know about how to perform DIH scheduling for fullimport in
solr....i got little bit information from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3206171/how-can-i-schedule-data-imports-in-solr
here
but i dont where should i kepp those three class files
(ApplicationListener,HTTPPostScheduler,solrDataImportProperties),whether i
need to develop those 3 classes or solr guys gave those classes ,i dont know
how to proceed ...........

can anybody pls help me

Thanx in advance

Re: where should i keep the class files to perform scheduling?

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.
The built-in DIH scheduling was never implemented as far as I know - the
Wiki section is just a design proposal and explicitly says "Hasn't been
committed to SVN (published only here) "

On Windows, you can use the Task Scheduler to do the kinds of things that
cron does on Unix/Linux.

-Simon

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM, nagarjuna <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank u very much for ur reply Erick Erickson
>    i am using solr 3.3.0 version
>  and i have no idea about the cron job i thought that it would be for unix
> but i am using windows
> and i would like to integrate my scheduling task with my solr server
>
> please give me the suggestion
[...]

No offence, but are you actually reading the replies to your queries on
the list?

To quote part of Erick's reply that you are referencing:
"...or use task scheduler on windows..."

Regards,
Gora

Re: where should i keep the class files to perform scheduling?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to make a cron
job on *nix or use task scheduler on windows to fire
off a delta-import request to your solr server on a schedule
you'd like.

The code you reference appears to be for Solr 1.2, which is
way old...

Best
Erick

Posted by Igor MILOVANOVIC <pl...@gmail.com>.
Easiest way is to do it via cron job.

2011/8/26 nagarjuna <na...@gmail.com>

> hi everybody.......
>       i dont know about how to perform DIH scheduling for fullimport in
> solr....i got little bit information from
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3206171/how-can-i-schedule-data-imports-in-solr
> here
> but i dont where should i kepp those three class files
> (ApplicationListener,HTTPPostScheduler,solrDataImportProperties),whether i
> need to develop those 3 classes or solr guys gave those classes ,i dont
> know
> how to proceed ...........
>

> can anybody pls help me
>
> Thanx in advance