Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Byron Ellis via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/01/27 00:05:50 UTC

Convenience methods for Schema definition in Java

Hi all,

I've been spending a lot of time recently working with Schemas in Java on
Beam and I noticed that there aren't convenience methods for creating
nullable versions of a field like there are for the NOT NULL versions. If
folks are interested I made a small quality-of-life PR
<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/25196> to add those to the Schema
Builder which makes defining schemas with lots of nullable fields somewhat
more readable and with a bit less typing to boot.

Best,