Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by th...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2002/09/23 17:06:32 UTC

Dynamic loading of Xalan library on Solaris

This is a little bit of a shot in the dark, but I just wanted to know if
anyone experienced similar problems.

We currently have a native application (let's call it application A) running
on Solaris 2.7/2.8.
This application can be "Extended" by adding new components developed using
a C/C++ API and delivered as shared libraries (.so). For each new component,
one .so file is delivered (let's call it component.so).
The sequence of event that is performed is the following:

- Application A is started.
- One a specific user action, component.so is explicitly dynamically loaded
by Application A (dl_open and others on the component.so).

What we did was to create a new component using XalanC. The component.so is
dynamically linked with the XalanC libraries and at runtime, XalanC
libraries are available in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH of Application A (the dynamic
loader will load those libraries by itself).

Everything is actually working fine, except that we get a weird error
message when component.so is dynamically loaded: "Square root of negative
number". It seems to be harmless since everything works fine, Xalan can be
invoked and it is working.
With any other component.so not linked with (and not using) Xalan libraries,
we do not have this problem. I am not yet 100% convinced that the problem is
really coming from Xalan libraries, but I wanted to submit the question to
the mailing list, just in case anyone might have an idea.

Thanks.

Thomas