Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/27 05:03:47 UTC

Interpolation of Pom Properties in Assembly Descriptor

I was using maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-SNAPSHOT and tried to switch to
2.2-beta-2-SNAPSHOT but encountered a problem.

I reference properties from my pom in the assembly descriptor, like this:

<project>
  <properties>
    <my.path>myapp/WEB-INF</my.path>
  </properties>
  ..
</project>

<assembly>
  <files>
    <file>
      <source>${basedir}/target/config/somefile.conf</source>
      <outputDirectory>${my.path}/etc</outputDirectory>
    </file>
  </files>
</assembly>

In 2.2-SNAPSHOT, the value was substituted but in 2.2-beta-2-SNAPSHOT the
literal ${my.path} is used. Is this a regression, a removed feature, or has
the syntax for doing this changed?

-- Mark R

Re: Interpolation of Pom Properties in Assembly Descriptor

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll assume this is a regression in the latest 2.2-beta-2-SNAPSHOT.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-256

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.
That wasn't it, but thanks.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.