Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Mathieu D <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/29 14:33:51 UTC

custom spark (fresh !)

Hi Zeppeliners !

I'd like to use Zeppelin with a custom spark version I'm working on, which
is a recent fork form master.

I set the SPARK_HOME to the correct path, but zeppelin complains that
spark-2.3.0-snapshot is not supported.

Is there a way to bypass this version check ?

By the way, i'm using zeppelin 0.7.2 in a docker, I hope this is easy to
bypass.

Mathieu

Re: custom spark (fresh !)

Posted by Mathieu D <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great !
It's available on Zeppelin 0.8 though. Let's upgrade...

Re: custom spark (fresh !)

Posted by Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com>.
Wow that's a really nice tip!
Thanks Jeff :)
2017년 6월 30일 (금) 오전 7:25, Steven Kirtzic <st...@statefarm.com>님이
작성:

> Hi,
>

> Please remove me from this mailing list. Thanks,
>

> -Steven
>

> *From: *Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>
> *Date: *Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 5:19 PM
> *To: *"users@zeppelin.apache.org" <us...@zeppelin.apache.org>
> *Subject: *Re: custom spark (fresh !)
>

> set *zeppelin.spark.enableSupportedVersionCheck as false in this custom
> spark's interpreter setting.*
>

> Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com>于2017年6月30日周五 上午1:04写道:
>
> Here is a patch that I used for Spark v2.2.0-rc5
>

> If you want to use 2.3.0, then create a SparkVersion instance of 2.4.0 and
> set it as UNSUPPORTED_FUTURE_VERSION.
>

> But you should build Zeppelin by yourself :)
>

> Hope this helps you :)
>
> 2017년 6월 29일 (목) 오후 11:33, Mathieu D <ma...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
>
> Hi Zeppeliners !
>

> I'd like to use Zeppelin with a custom spark version I'm working on, which
> is a recent fork form master.
>

> I set the SPARK_HOME to the correct path, but zeppelin complains that
> spark-2.3.0-snapshot is not supported.
>

> Is there a way to bypass this version check ?
>

> By the way, i'm using zeppelin 0.7.2 in a docker, I hope this is easy to
> bypass.
>

> Mathieu
>
> --
>
> Taejun Kim
>

> Data Mining Lab.
>
> School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>
> University of Seoul
>
> --
Taejun Kim

Data Mining Lab.