Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ian McFarland <ia...@neo.com> on 2002/05/13 22:24:43 UTC

OS X and ant: Announce: new build of osxize ant task and utility

Hi dev list folks:

I posted the following to ant-user. I also wanted to let the dev folks
know that we'll be going through the submission guidelines to make our
source code conformant with them, and adding tar output support (using
the tar task) so that compatible binaries can be built on Windows (which
doesn't have the needed execute bit.)

I also packaged up ant 1.3 into an OS X installer a while back. I'd be
happy to do that for 1.4, and 1.5 when it's ready, and generally
maintain them. You can download the ant 1.3 installer here:

http://www.javaosx.com/resources/ant-installer-1.3.tgz

I haven't announced it elsewhere, because I wanted to talk to you dev
list folks about it first. I did mention it to Steve Loughran when I met
him last week, and he was encouraging about it. Take a look, and let me
know if this is something you'd like me to maintain. Not sure yet if it
can be integrated into the build process. The OS X installers do have a
proprietary archive format. Maybe we can get more info on that from
Apple, though.

The announcement:
This utility is designed to generate double-clickable Macintosh OS X
applications from Java application JAR files. This works both from
within ant, and from the command line, whether development is performed
on an Apple Macintosh or not.

New in this build:

This build fixes a bug when multiple jars were specified, which caused
the application not to run. Specifically, I erroneously assumed that
MRJApp.properties was a standard Java properties file. The Mac Runtime
for Java doesn't like escaped ':' characters in the classpath property.
(Apple folks: Shouldn't my assumption be true? See bug filed.)

Find ant task here:
http://www.neo.com/projects/osxize/osxize.html

Re: OS X and ant: Announce: new build of osxize ant task and utility

Posted by Ian McFarland <ia...@neo.com>.
Yeah, ok, I could do that. Are the OS X bugs collected somewhere? Give
me a little help getting started, and I'd be happy to take that on.
(This is going to take < 30 hours a week, right? ;-)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.