Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/29 05:06:08 UTC

Fwd: LDAP Nested OU support

Hi folks,
     Wanted to confirm the followin:
"Knox Gateway provides HTTP BASIC authentication against an LDAP user
directory. It currently supports only a single Organizational Unit (OU) and
does not support nested OUs."

if this is true? If so what would it take to support Nested OU? Is this a
limitation of Shiro Provider?

It is very common for enterprises to organize their LDAP directory by
nested OUs.

I can open a Jira, and investigate a solution to contribute to the
community.

Thanks,
                      Jeff Rodriguez

Re: LDAP Nested OU support

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jeff,
We are very interested in adding support for this.  It would help greatly if we could get to more concrete examples of how more enterprises organize their LDAP directories.  The challenge here is an efficient implementation that works for most common use cases.
Kevin.