Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Or...@emc.com on 2006/09/21 10:22:57 UTC

Creating a Java application

I know of two plugins for the purpose of creating a Java application
(i.e. something that packages an application along with it's
dependencies):

1.	uberjar
2.	javaapp

However, both of them look like history.

Does anyone know of such a plugin that works with Maven2 ?

Thanks ...

Re: All files not being copied when deploying

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 9/27/06, Tom Hurley <th...@insightful.com> wrote:
> I have a web application and when I deploy, only some of my files are being
> copied from my webapp directory to the target directory. I get the following
> error which makes sense as the files are not being copied.
> [INFO] Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
> D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal\
> -INF\web.xml does not exist.
>
> Why are some and not all of the files being copied? I am new to maven and
> would appreciate any help in understanding why this is happening.

Where is the web.xml file in your source code for your project?

Normally, it would be in project/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml .

If it's somewhere else, you'll have to tell Maven where that is,
probably by configuring the war plugin.

--
Wendy

All files not being copied when deploying

Posted by Tom Hurley <th...@insightful.com>.
Hi,

I have a web application and when I deploy, only some of my files are being
copied from my webapp directory to the target directory. I get the following
error which makes sense as the files are not being copied.

[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...
[INFO] Copy webapp webResources to
D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal
[INFO] Assembling webapp ManagementPortal in
D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal
[INFO] Generating war
D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal.war
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal\
-INF\web.xml does not exist.

Why are some and not all of the files being copied? I am new to maven and
would appreciate any help in understanding why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Re: Creating a Java application

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler-maven-plugin/

Posted by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven2 & JUnit4

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
anyone has successfully run junit4 with m2?

pls help
~manchi

Maven2 & JUnit4

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/06, Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> do you have a url for this posting?

Nabble archives are here: http://www.nabble.com/Maven---Users-f178.html

And type "assembly baerrach" in the search area and start reading.

Enjoy

Re: Creating a Java application

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.

Xavier Toth wrote:

> do you have a url for this posting?
>
> On 9/25/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/26/06, Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > check out the appassembler plugin in the mojo project, works great
>>
>> Search the nabble archives for baerrach and assembly and you will find
>> posts I wrote on how to setup assembly to do this.

Good day to you, Xavier,

For more information regarding the maven-assembly-plugin, you can try [1].
But that plugin documentation is not yet final. And if you have suggestions,
for it, kindly let us know about it so that we can improve it.

Thanks,
Franz

[1] http://people.apache.org/~epunzalan/maven-assembly-plugin/

Re: Creating a Java application

Posted by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Or...@emc.com.

Posted by Alexandre Russel <al...@russel.fr>.
Do you know POMStrap ?

classpath while executing junit tests

Posted by Detlef Brendle <de...@canoo.com>.
Hello,

when executing the surefire plugin my unit tests are executed.
Unfortunately they do run as I expect them to run.
The thing is that the classpath looks like:

ils\1.1\plexus-utils-1.1.jar
[DEBUG] Test Classpath :
[DEBUG]   E:\develop\frontnet\NPG\target\classes
[DEBUG]   E:\develop\frontnet\NPG\target\test-classes
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\ant\ant-xalan1\1.6.3\ant-xalan1-1.6.3.jar
[DEBUG]   E:\develop\frontnet\NPG\lib\qmbridge-3.1.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\ant\ant\1.6.3\ant-1.6.3.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\crimson\crimson\1.1.3\crimson-1.1.3.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\ant\ant-trax\1.6.3\ant-trax-1.6.3.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\xerces\xercesImpl\2.8.0\xercesImpl-2.8.0.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\xml-apis\xml-apis\1.3.03\xml-apis-1.3.03.jar
[DEBUG]   C:\Documents and
Settings\detlef\.m2\repository\log4j\log4j\1.2.13\log4j-1.2.13.jar

I expected that the test classes will be listed prior to my productive
classes - i.e. 'test-classes' and then 'classes'.
Can I overwrite this in any way ? Or is that the correct behaviour ?

thanks,
detlef

Detlef Brendle                     Tel: ++41 61 228 94 44
Canoo Engineering AG                Fax: ++41 61 228 94 49
Kirschgartenstrasse 7
CH-4051 Basel
mailto:detlef.brendle@canoo.com
http://www.canoo.com

Beyond AJAX - Java Rich Internet Applications  http://www.canoo.com/ulc

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.

Or_Daniel wrote:

> I know of two plugins for the purpose of creating a Java application
> (i.e. something that packages an application along with it's
> dependencies):
>

> 1.	uberjar
> 2.	javaapp
>

> However, both of them look like history.
>

> Does anyone know of such a plugin that works with Maven2 ?
>

> Thanks ...

To copy dependencies, you may want to try [1], and read the
copy-dependencies section. Then create a manifest file to make your jar
runnable using maven-jar-pugin ([2]).

Both plugin documentation however are still being reviewed. So if you have
any comments about them, please feel free to share them with us so that we
can improve them.

Thanks,
Franz

[1] http://people.apache.org/~aramirez/maven-dependency-plugin/usage.html