Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2001/10/02 22:02:50 UTC

Knowledge Base design/proposal

I have an initial *very rough* draft of a design document and project
proposal for the knowledge base.  Please do not consider it final.

    http://www.jamesmith.com/code/perlkb/

There are links to both PostScript and PDF versions, uncompressed and
gzip'd.

Comments are welcome on general design issues -- sensible?  too
over-engineered?  under-engineered? ....  I'll be updating it and adding
information to the document over the next few days to couple of weeks
(e.g., still no cost analysis or work breakdown and only a cursory overview
of the issues being solved and the design itself).  It will likely evolve
into a printable manual as the design becomes more detailed.
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix