Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2002/06/11 14:13:40 UTC

Ooooh, don't let me forget... :-)

Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> Whoops! Where's opt_state->quiet go?  :-)

Heh.  Don't let me forget about this:

I just realized that when we make the notification callbacks double as
cancellation handlers (i.e., they'll return boolean, and if a
notification returns true, the callers knows the user wanted to cancel
the operation and acts appropriately), then the opt_state->quiet
handling has to change.

opt_state->quiet will be passed as a `quiet' argument to
svn_cl__get_checkout_notifier(), and stored as a flag in the
notify_baton.  If set, the meaning is: don't display any
notifications, but still return true or false to indicate
cancellation.

So we'll *always* have a notification func passed in, it's just a
question of whether it's notifying in one direction or two.

Mentioning this here partially to give people the opportunity to
review the plan, and partially so I won't forget to set up the
conditionals correctly when the time comes.

-Karl