Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/28 13:27:36 UTC

bouncing messages

Anyone else getting these when posting?:

  <qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
  ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
  Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)

- Paul

Re: bouncing messages

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>>Anyone else getting these when posting?:
>>
>>  <qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
>>  ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
>>  Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)
>>

>nope - Pier tightened up/standardized mailing list settings in the big mail
>move of late. Can you get your client not to send those attachments (whatever
>they are?)

It's Mozilla 0.95 and I'm hitting the "send as plain text" button.
 Weird.  It does not happen for all messages.  I've switched to Yahoo's
webmail interface so there should be no problem now.

- Paul

Re: bouncing messages

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw

Re: bouncing messages

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> Paul Hammant wrote:
>>
>> Anyone else getting these when posting?:
>>
>>   <qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
>>   ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
>>   Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)
>
> Pier?

Oh... We're rejecting HTML messages now. As on all other Jakarta mailing
lists. Once I move them to the new server, I just make sure that all of them
have an owner, a moderator, that the headers and the footer are there, and
that we strip out HTML and RTF/RFT text... :)

    Pier

Re: bouncing messages

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Anyone else getting these when posting?:
>
>   <qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
>   ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
>   Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)

Pier?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: bouncing messages

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Paul Hammant at paul_hammant@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone else getting these when posting?:
>
> <qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
> ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
> Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)

As all other mailing lists on Jakarta, I'm stripping out HTML and RTF
messages... Some of the lists were left out...

    Pier