Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinny <xa...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/28 21:38:25 UTC

Ok, I'll bite. Struts + Webwork = Struts Ti?

I found this very interesting this morning:

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=37794#192216
and this as well
http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t55018.html

I guess I should not be that suprised since Xwork was mentioned here:
https://www.twdata.org/projects/struts-ti

Re: Ok, I'll bite. Struts + Webwork = Struts Ti?

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
>From my viewpoint, the short story is this:  If you look at the Struts
Roadmap, and you look at WebWork 2.x, you'll see that WebWork has
already done most of the things Struts wants to do. Why re-invent the
wheel? Essentially, this is a proposal to put WebWorks wheels on the
Struts axle.

-Ted.

Re: Ok, I'll bite. Struts + Webwork = Struts Ti?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
personally i don't think it matters what framework comes out of the
wash, as long as it is better.

by that i mean it should:

- offer the same level of modular functionality such as validator and tiles

- make application development quicker, ironing out the time-consuming
parts of present struts

- bringing such features as search list pagination, dropdown handling,
reference data caching and so on into the core struts /
whatever-its-name-is framework.

I'd love to play a part in getting there, and perhaps next year I'll
actually get to a point where I can start contributing to struts!