Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> on 2004/05/18 17:53:23 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz

The uploaded file

    Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/F/FW/FWILES/Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz
  size: 7292 bytes
   md5: c5d1fd283177b77c2f3a02ab18bff9ff

Changes since 0.08

  - Fixed required modules problems in Apache::SmallProf

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 14:06, Frank Wiles wrote:
>
>>  I'll update the docs to be more specific about it. You're
>>  right it doesn't specifically mention that portion of the setup
>>  being required.
>

> I seem to remember sending Doug a patch to this doc that explained the
> problem years ago, but I can't find it now.  It is certainly a frequent
> question on the list, so if you can improve the docs there it would save
> us all some time.

FWIW, it's well documented in the guide:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/debug.html#Interactive_mod_perl_Debugging

And I think in all three books:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/books.html#Learn_mod_perl
:)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:24:21 -0400
Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 14:06, Frank Wiles wrote:
> >   I'll update the docs to be more specific about it. You're
> >   right it doesn't specifically mention that portion of the setup
> >   being required.
>
> I seem to remember sending Doug a patch to this doc that explained the
> problem years ago, but I can't find it now.  It is certainly a
> frequent question on the list, so if you can improve the docs there it
> would save us all some time.
>
> - Perrin

  Yeah I didn't spend much time on the docs when I was porting it over
  to mp2 originally.  I think all three modules could use a good once
  over.  I'll try and get that out in the next couple of days.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-DB-0.09.tar.gz

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.

Posted by "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wildgate.miee.ru>.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Posted by "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wildgate.miee.ru>.
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:21:01 +0400
> "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wildgate.miee.ru> wrote:
>>Frank Wiles wrote:

[snip]

>>		Hello.
>>I notice that Apache::DProf from 0.08 skip some calls, but
>>Devel::DProf doesn't.
>>It's mean when I do 'dprofpp -t' after D::DP on command line script I
>>see full call tree for SomeSub, but when I get call tree from A::DP
>>for same sub there is calls skipped in tree.
>>
>>Also A::SP doesn't work for me at all. segfault.
>>
>>If you are interested in full reports what should it be? Mainly I'm
>>interestend in first issue.
>

>   Hmmm that's interesting.  Here are a few things that will help me
>   find the problem:
>
>   1) Your Apache, mod_perl, and Perl versions
Apache 1.3.29, mod_perl 1.29 static.
Perl 5.8.3, -V below

>   2) An example sub routine with the output of Devel::DProf and
>      Apache::DProff so I can see what it is skipping
 From A::DP:
          RT::Ticket::HasUnresolvedDependencies
             DBD::mysql::db::prepare
                DBI::st::TIEHASH
             DBI::common::DESTROY (2x)
             DBD::_mem::common::DESTROY
          HTML::Mason::MethodMaker::__ANON__

And that's all.

 From D::DP:
RT::Ticket::HasUnresolvedDependencies
    RT::Ticket::UnresolvedDependencies
       RT::Base::CurrentUser
       DBIx::SearchBuilder::new
          RT::Tickets::_Init
    RT::Tickets::IgnoreType
    RT::Tickets::Count
       RT::Tickets::_ProcessRestrictions
          RT::Tickets::_RestrictionsToClauses
          RT::Tickets::ClausesToSQL
          RT::Tickets::FromSQL
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::CleanSlate
                DBIx::SearchBuilder::RedoSearch

       DBIx::SearchBuilder::Count
          DBIx::SearchBuilder::_isLimited
          DBIx::SearchBuilder::_DoCount
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::_isJoined
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::_BuildJoins
                DBIx::SearchBuilder::_Handle
                UNIVERSAL::can
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::_isLimited
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::_WhereClause
                DBIx::SearchBuilder::_CompileGenericRestrictions
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::DEBUG
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::_Handle
             DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::dbh
             DBI::db::prepare
                DBD::mysql::db::prepare
                   DBI::_new_sth
                      DBI::_new_handle
                         DBI::st::TIEHASH
                         DBI::_setup_handle
                   DBD::mysql::st::_prepare
             DBI::st::execute
             DBI::st::fetchrow_array
             DBI::st::finish
             DBI::common::DESTROY (2x)
             DBD::_mem::common::DESTROY
RT::Tickets::Next

Second tree is stripped, it's very big.

First time I thought that A::DP has limit on depth for tree, but as you
can see RT::Ticket::HasUnresolvedDependencies calls directly only:
   RT::Ticket::UnresolvedDependencies
   RT::Tickets::IgnoreType
but they are unreported.

>   As for Apache::SmallProf another user has noticed a segfault issue,
>   can you give me the exact error message in your error_log as well
>   as send me your startup.pl?  I believe the problem is due to an
>   older mp2 installation than I'm running my tests against, but I'm
>   not 100% certain of that.
Heh, I've recall that it was problem that you've fixed in 0.09. It
wasn't segfault, I have segfault with another module.

			Best regards. Ruslan.

>   Thanks!
>
>  ---------------------------------
>    Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
>    http://frank.wiles.org
>  ---------------------------------

perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 3) configuration:
   Platform:
     osname=linux, osvers=2.4.23, archname=i386-linux-thread-multi
     uname='linux cubic 2.4.23 #1 Вто Янв 6 15:46:53 msk 2004 i686 i686
i386 gnulinux '
     config_args='-des -Doptimize=-O2 -g -pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686
-Dversion=5.8.3 -Dmyhostname=localhost -Dperladmin=root@localhost
-Dcc=gcc -Dcf_by=Red Hat, Inc. -Dinstallprefix=/usr -Dprefix=/usr
-Darchname=i386-linux -Dvendorprefix=/usr -Dsiteprefix=/usr -Duseshrplib
-Dusethreads -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles -Dd_dosuid -Dd_semctl_semun
-Di_db -Ui_ndbm -Di_gdbm -Di_shadow -Di_syslog -Dman3ext=3pm -Duseperlio
-Dinstallusrbinperl -Ubincompat5005 -Uversiononly -Dpager=/usr/bin/less
-isr -Dinc_version_list=5.8.2 5.8.1 5.8.0'
     usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
usemultiplicity=define
     useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
     use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
     usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
   Compiler:
     cc='gcc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS
-DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm',
     optimize='-O2 -g -pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686',
     cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS
-DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/gdbm'
     ccversion='', gccversion='3.3.2 20031022 (ASPLinux 3.3.2-1)',
gccosandvers=''
     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
     d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
     ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
lseeksize=8
     alignbytes=4, prototype=define
   Linker and Libraries:
     ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
     libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib
     libs=-lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc
     perllibs=-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc
     libc=/lib/libc-2.3.2.so, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so
     gnulibc_version='2.3.2'
   Dynamic Linking:
     dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='-rdynamic
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE'
     cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib'

   Compile-time options: DEBUGGING MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS
USE_LARGE_FILES PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
   Built under linux
   Compiled at Mar 27 2004 20:39:24
   @INC:
     /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
     /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1
     /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0