Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ramasubramanian Narayanan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 11:23:51 UTC

Storing and reading XML files in HIVE

Dear All,

Request your help to guide how to store and read XML data in HIVE.

while querying it should look as if we are having txt format file under
HIVE (it is fine if we use view to parse the XML and show).

Have gone through some sites but not able to figure out correctly.. few are
mentioning that we need use some JAR's to achieve it...

Thanks in advance,
Rams

Re: Storing and reading XML files in HIVE

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
see if this can help you

https://github.com/dvasilen/Hive-XML-SerDe/wiki/XML-data-sources

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Storing and reading XML files in HIVE

Posted by Knowledge gatherer <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yu Azuryy <az...@gmail.com>.