Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kadal Amutham <vk...@apache.org> on 2013/06/28 19:15:28 UTC

Pre-requisite for Tamil Version of AOO 4.0

Today I downloaded AOO-TA and installed under Windows XP. Tamil text were
not displayed properly and I could not type in Tamil word. Then I reported
this in Bugzilla and I got back immediate reply, there is some thing wrong
in the OS. Check it. Then, I downloaded, a small package from Google,
installed as per the instruction and now I am able to type.

Google offers phonetic typing. For example I want to type my name in Tamil,
I have to press the following keys
 kadal

If I want to type as per the Tamil keyboard, then I have to type the
following keys

fly

With out these pre-requisites, AOO-TA can not be used.

My suggestion is , while installing AOO, there should be a screen telling
about this prerequisite and providing required links, so that they can
install the same and use AOO-TA

Re: Pre-requisite for Tamil Version of AOO 4.0

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/6/29 Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> > telling
> > >

> > > (Removing the marketing list, not relevant for this issue)
> > >
> > > For this kind of suggestions we normally use the localized download
> > page. In
> > > this case, we (well, you!) would add some text to
> > > http://www.openoffice.org/ta/
> > > to give relevant information for users who are downloading the package
> in
> > > Tamil.
> > >

> > Will we be translating the Releases Notes on the website as well?
> > That could be another good location for this kind of material.
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> We had volunteers do some tranlsations of release notes for 3.4.1 . But
> this was not universal for all the languages for which 3.4.1 was released.
> It would be wonderful if we could provide translations and other useful
> information for all them in native language release notes.

Just thinking aloud: Is it possible to put the release notes on pootle?
Build a third project, "Apache OpenOffice 4.x release notes"? And the
release announcement?

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Generally many softwares will have a readme page displayed just before
finishing the installation. Since this is not an option, a must for every
installation of Tamil version, Readme.html will be more preferable

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I think it is better to have separate page as instruction for installation
of Tamil version. If you have any template, kindly send me and I will add
it.

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480