Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/12 19:51:10 UTC

timestamp map and reduce phase

Hi guys,

I would like to timestamp the time taken by map and reduce phase separately for a job.

As I am pretty new to yarn, I am quite confused where I should do that.

Could you provide some hintsĀ  ?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: timestamp map and reduce phase

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
This information is already collected for you as part of the job history.
Look at the Job History APIs

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.5-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/His
toryServerRest.html

You can also go through the normal Map/Reduce API to get the status of the
Job.  But it will query the History Server if the job has completed.

JobClient can give you some TaskReports for the tasks associated with a
job.

--Bobby