Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/29 11:27:29 UTC

Integrating Oauth2 with Solr MailEntityProcessor

Hi All,

I'm doing a research project on : Email Reputation Analysis and for this
project I'm planning to use Apache Solr, Tika and Mahout projects to
analyse, store and query reputation of emails and correspondents.

For indexing emails in Solr I'm going to use the MailEntityProcessor [1].
But I see that it requires the user to provide their email credentials to
the DIH which is a security risk. Also I feel current MailEntityProcessor
doesn't allow importing data from multiple mail boxes.

What do you think of integrating an authorization mechanism like OAuth2 in
Solr?
Appreciate your ideas on using this for indexing multiple mailboxes without
requiring users to give their username passwords.

<document>   <entity processor="MailEntityProcessor"
user="somebody@gmail.com"            password="something"
host="imap.gmail.com"            protocol="imaps"           folders =
"x,y,z"/></document>

Regards,
Dileepa

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MailEntityProcessor

Re: Integrating Oauth2 with Solr MailEntityProcessor

Posted by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Anybody interested in this feature for Solr MailEntityProcessor?
WDYT?

Thanks,
Dileepa

Posted by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@gmail.com>.