Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Rae Egli <re...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/03 04:20:55 UTC

HttpCore -

I am trying to relativize a URI in an existing request.  BasicHttpRequest contains the instance variable uri but it is private and final.

Wouldn't it make sense to allow the URI in a request to be changed, i.e. provide a setUri method in BasicHttpRequest?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rae

Re: HttpCore -

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 19:20 -0700, Rae Egli wrote:
> I am trying to relativize a URI in an existing request.  BasicHttpRequest contains the instance variable uri but it is private and final.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to allow the URI in a request to be changed, i.e. provide a setUri method in BasicHttpRequest?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Rae

Hi Rae,

Yes, this can be done. However, you should probably just use a custom
impl of the HttpRequest interface with additional methods required by
your application. I do not see a problem with adding #setUri method to
the BasicHttpRequest class either.

Oleg