Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Menon Hema <he...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/08 23:49:42 UTC

Newbie Questions

Hi,

I started evaluating Jetspeed for one of my projects since a week or so. I
have a few questions regarding jetspeed. I would appreciate you effort in
getting these newbie questions cleared.

 I am using tomcat4.0.4. I've installed jetspeed, modified the top, left and
bottom jsp templates. I went thru the "portlet- how - to " exercise and was
able to add my helloportlet to the jetspeed. I tried to add a webpage
portlet by giving a url and adding the portlet entry to the registry. I was
able to see the title of my portlet, however the content of the url did not
appear. Any clues on what error would cause the page not to appear?

Can someone point me to some more resources, maybe example of JSPPortlet or
so?

Is it possible to change jetspeed's user login authentication?  In other
words, I would like for the user to login and the user authentication needs
to be done  based on entries on my LdapServer.

I would very much appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Hema