Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chhaya Vishwakarma <Ch...@lntinfotech.com> on 2014/08/13 08:32:05 UTC

Implementing security in hadoop

Hi,

I'm trying to implement security on my hadoop data. I'm using Cloudera hadoop

Below are the two specific things I'm looking for

1. Role based authorization and authentication

2. Encryption on data residing in HDFS

I have looked into Kerboroes but it doesn't provide encryption for data already residing in HDFS.

Are there any other security tools i can go for? has anyone done above two security features in cloudera hadoop.

Please suggest

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

RE: Implementing security in hadoop

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.
You just need to click the link, or you can search HDFS-6134 in apache JIRA or google.

>>> Are there any other security tool for the same?
Currently in Hadoop trunk, there is no such security tool. You may need to rely on OS/FS encryption functionality of your servers or you can find some solutions from Hadoop vendors' distributions if you use them.

Regards,
Yi Liu

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.