Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Pervaiz <pe...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/01 19:58:08 UTC

Desperately need help with installation error installing Open Office...

I keep getting this error message installing
Open Office 4.1.11 as well as 4.1.9.

"This installation package could not be opened.
Verify that the package exists and that you
can access it, or contact the application vendor
to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Watched several videos on YouTube but haven't
come across one showing me how to fix this error.

Checked http://www.openoffice.org/support/ as well as
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11706&p=325749&hilit=installation+error+This+installation+package+could+be+opened.#p325749

The Readme file suggested installing Java that I did.

If someone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

*Pervaiz "PK" Karim*

Ego and egotism are two things entirely. We each have an ego, as defined by
Freud - it is our thinking mind's sense of identity. Egotism, however,
is a symptom
of a fearful mind. When, through personal growth, the mind is increasingly
created by our loving source, then ego becomes transparent. The reactive
ego tends to be negative, the mindful presence to be positive.
Which is the true you?

*“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what **it
takes to sit down and listen.”* ~ Winston Churchill
Why courage to listen? Because we are opening up to alternative ideas and as
a result our precious beliefs and fixed ideas may be threatened and our ego
rightness put in question. But without genuine listening there is no chance
of real progress being made. To move ahead, we need not be afraid to speak
from the heart nor to listen generously.

*“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”* ~ Lao Tzu

*“If we want to awaken, we don't need to eradicate the ego, we simply **need
to be conscious of the deeper self as well.”* ~ Timothy Freke

Re: Desperately need help with installation error installing Open Office...

Posted by Kevin Kalbaugh <ke...@gmail.com>.
Maybe the program needs to be run as administrator or an anti-virus program
thinks it is malware.