Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Fjerstad, Jim (LNG-MBC)" <ji...@capsoft.com> on 2000/05/12 19:02:33 UTC

XMLString::transcode

I have a question about the XMLString method

	static char*  transcode ( const XMLCh* const toTranscode ).

Does anyone know what the calling procedure is supposed to do with the
returned pointer? I don't know whether I should delete it or not. I looked
at the source, and the return value is allocated with the "new []" operator,
but if I delete the return value after use, I get a crash (delayed). I don't
know if that is because the xerces DLL has its own garbage collection
implemented that my delete would have messed up, or if somehow the heap has
somehow become corrupted. The documentation seems to be silent on this
issue.

Any clues, anyone? Thanks in advance!

Jim Fjerstad
Software Engineer