Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ricardo Vilhena <rm...@fc.ul.pt> on 2011/04/06 18:23:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy redirect/forward http and ftp requests

Hello.

So, I have a webserver which is my reverse proxy, and the I have another
webserver which is the actual server where the web content is located,
let's call it server A (reverse proxy) and server B (the other).

I have this website on my dns (windows AD) : yadda.domain
What I want is: if the user puts in the browser http://yadda.domain the
user is redirected to the Server B, and thus sees the website
If the user puts ftp://yadda.domain, the user is redirected to the same
Server B, but through FTP protocol.

My question is, how can I acomplish this in apache?

I know I need mod_proxy but I don't understand how I can make the
redirect in the <VirtualHost ServerA>
???
???
???
</VirtualHost>

I want something like (though I doubt it is possible):
IF http THEN
redirect to http://serverB-yadda.domain
ELSE IF ftp THEN
redirect to ftp://serverB-yadda.domain