Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris <be...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/08 19:07:05 UTC

Hot deploy?

Hi all,

I'm very much looking forward to Tomcat 5.x! Reading the docs, I can't tell
 if Tomcat 5.0 offers JBoss-style hot-deployment of WARs or not. By "JBoss-style",
I mean all I have to do is drop a new WAR into a deployment directory, and it will
get picked up and redeployed. Section 4 of the User's Guide ("Deployment") implies
that this is possible, using something called the host's "autodeploy" attribute.
However, Section 3 ("First Webapp") seems to have an exhaustive list of all
possible deployment methods, and automatic hot deployment is not mentioned.

Does such hot deployment exist? Or is the only option to use the deployment
Ant tasks?

Thanks,
Chris