Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/26 12:59:11 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "AreaTreeXMLDocumentation" by VincentHennebert

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by VincentHennebert:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/AreaTreeXMLDocumentation

The comment on the change is:
A few fixes and additions

- = FOP IF Tree: Documentation =
+ = Introduction =

- == Intro... ==
+ The aim here is to create some kind of documentation for the Area Tree XML Intermediate Format that is under development by the Apache FOP team.

- The aim here is to create some kind of documentation for the evolving FOP Intermediate Format that is under development by the Apache FOP team.
+ This has all spawned from my frustration at requiring the information contained within the Area Tree XML that I have managed to gain access to, only to discover that there is no definitive documentation to be found. I wanted to know the dimensions of an area that I have created and could not know for sure since the attributes of the nodes were abbreviated to forms such as bpd and ipda!

- This has all spawned from my frustration at requiring the information contained within the AreaTree XML tree that I have managed to gain access to, only to discover that there is no definitive documentation to be found.. I wanted to know the dimensions of an area that I have created and could not know for sure since the attributes of the nodes were abbrevated to forms such as bpd and ipda!
-
- The thread that relates to this page is [[http://www.nabble.com/Area-Tree-Handling-to24431098.html]].
+ The thread that relates to this page is [http://www.nabble.com/Area-Tree-Handling-to24431098.html].

  I am hoping that with public participation we can provide definitions for the meaning and purpose of each node and attribute in the FOP IF Tree. I would therefore like to welcome any and all contributions!

@@ -17, +15 @@

  [Contributors' initials are found in square brackets with a key at the bottom of the page for recognition :) ]

- == IF Attributes ==
+ = Area Tree XML Attributes =

   * bpd = block-progression-dimension of the content rectangle of the area (= height for lr-tb script) [JM];

@@ -30, +28 @@

   * prod-id = reference attribute id (e.g. <fo:block id="123">) [GD];

- == Notes ==
+ = Notes =

+ The Area Tree XML closely follows the description made in the [http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#area_model XSL-FO Recommendation].

  Units are millipoints (1000ths of a point) as used in most of FOP (most notably the layout engine). [JM]

- == Contributors ==
+ = Contributors =

  [JM] = [courtesy of Jeremias Maerki]