Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nathan King <nk...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/16 20:51:31 UTC

Can't load definitions unless target is executed as root

 When I execute an ant target as the root user the target executes successfully.

However, if I try to execute the same target as an unprivileged user the target
fails with the following message:[typedef] Could not load definitions from
resource flexTasks.tasks. It could not be found.

The 3rd party dependency is: flex-ant-tasks. The directories that  contain the
flex-ant-tasks and ant itself are owned by a group in which  the unprivileged
user is a member, so there shouldn't be any access  right issues.

Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks.

-Nate

RE: Can't load definitions unless target is executed as root

Posted by "Urena, Jose M" <jo...@verizonbusiness.com>.
ownership is not enough
for unix filesystems, the group must have read for files and
read+execute for dirs